This versatile pattern can be used to create a great number of great looking, individual dresses. Spice it up with different fabrics, extra skirt layers, trims, sequins, stones, applique. The only limit is your imagination (and your budget!).
The instructions given are very straightforward, and all sizes from toddlers to large ladies are catered for. This also allows for easier size adjustments for us adult skaters. I am 2 sizes bigger in the bodice than the hips, and this poses no trouble with the Jalie patterns.
In essence, here are the steps to follow:
1. Measure up and choose your size.
2. Choose your fabric
3. Trace your pattern and make any adjustments
4. Cut out your pieces.
5. Follow the sewing instructions. Instructions are given for inserting the elastic too. That is really the hardest part, and is not as hard as you think!
6. Decorate your base dress. Watch out for my post on applique….. coming soon!
7. Look fantastic in your ‘custom’ dress!